Friday, May 7, 2010

Iron Man and Iron Man 2 Screenings

Well, last night I went to the Regal Cinema 23 at Sawgrass in South Florida and saw the first Iron Man at 9 PM for $5, then Iron Man 2 in the brand new IMAX theater there. I had a great time, met some new friends and just enjoyed the whole experience.

Two years ago I was co-producing a movie, and our first week of production happened during the first Iron Man's release. Due to our schedule, I couldn't see the midnight preview May 1, so I saw it opening day. I only saw it once in the theater, thanks to that long film schedule, but I loved it and saw it several times on DVD.

So to be able to see Iron Man again in a theater, in a crisp digital presentation, was just awesome. Unfortunately, the lights came on in the theater and the sound cut out during the final scene. Oh, well. Otherwise a great experience.

I was able to get into the brand new IMAX theater early and I held seats for my friend JP from my last job, and his friends. It isn't a 5-story IMAX (which I'm okay with), but the screen was big, the sound was great and Iron Man 2 kicked serious butt!

After the screening, I had a photo taken with the War Machine standee. All in all, a great night! And check out Advanced Iron for the best Iron Man fan experience on the web!

No comments: